About the artist
Karen Hollis - Berkshire based floral oil painter
Vibrant, colourful and boldly painted, Karen Hollis's work celebrates the beauty of flowers and the radiance that exudes from them as light falls across each petal.
Karen Hollis paints alla prima in oils, which adds to the sense of movement and immediacy in each canvas.
Having originally trained as a graphic designer, (B.A.Hons 1985), Hollis has a highly perceptive sense of shape, texture and colour which she intuitively brings to each work.
- Born 1964 - Sydney Australia
- Educated in Warwickshire UK
- 1980 – two year Art Foundation course
- 1985 - Awarded B.A.Hons Degree in Graphic Design
- 1986 - Two years training with the BBC
- 1988 - 2012 - Commercial artist, designer and painter